Babywearing is a great way to carry your child safely and nurture the bond between mother and child. There have been many times as a mother of twins that I wished I could figure out how to wear both babies at the same time in a safe and comfortable way.
For a long time, most of my Google searches came back with some creative babywearing ideas combining several different types of carriers, but none of these options seem to make much sense to me because they looked uncomfortable, or if nothing else were pretty costly once you add up the cost of buying to individual carriers.
When my twins were newborns, I used a MOBY wrap to wear them, but they quickly out grew it. I also noticed that the company has removed instructions for MOBY twin hold from their website. (My guess is that it has something to do with head positioning in the wrap)
Thankfully, I finally stumbled upon the TwinTrexx! A fellow mother of twins had the same desire as me, to be able to wear both twins at once in a safe and comfortable way and designed this great product. Check out the video review below where I take it for a test drive with my 6 month (4 month adjusted) old twins and my 2 year old.
I wanted to also include a pros and cons list below to summarize my thoughts.
- This product is well made. Having previously owned a BECO Butterfly 2, I think that the fabric of the TwinTrexx has the comfort of the baby in mind too, and it is just as nice as a soft sided carrier like BECO. It creates a cozy little space for both babies!
- The TwinTrexx is one of the most versatile baby carriers on the market. There are 5 different carrying positions (2 for twins, and 3 for individual babies). Because of this, you only need the TwinTrexx in your baby carrier collection because it can be used in so many different situations.
- 2-in-1 carrier is really cost effective. For the same price as a BECO or Ergo carrier, you get not one but two! This is really good for families with multiples because money is even tighter when you add two or more additions to your family.
- It comes with a carrying/storage bag which is great to keep your carriers in when not in use.
- My husband felt that as an individual baby carrier, it is the most comfortable one that he has ever worn. (we’ve tried several including Chicco, Snugli)
- It will fit a variety of body types and sizes.
- The twin carry positions are a little difficult to get in and out of by yourself at first (especially if your babies are still little). And it can be a little tricky to figure out how to get it on properly. If you are going to be using it for twin wearing frequently, the best option would be to get it adjusted correctly and then hang it on a hanger when not in use because it can be put on like a vest for twin carry positions. Individual carrying positions can easily be put on without assistance.
- The carrier is not recommended for babies younger than 4 months, they should have good head control before using. Currently, there is not a newborn insert for this carrier.
- The straps that go above the baby’s shoulders sometimes cut into their faces or necks (as demonstrated in video). The fabric is really soft though, so it is not a major problem. I imagine as babies get older and a little longer, that it would not be as much of an issue.
Overall, I think the TwinTrexx carrier is the best babywearing option on the market right now for mothers of multiples. It is nicely made and very versatile, which is perfect for a family with multiples. If you want to be ready to roll with the punches and change it up as needed, this is the carrier for you. It is also very friendly on your pocket!
If you have any questions or comments, please leave your thoughts below!
A couple of people mentioned they wanted to see it as a front and backpack combo so here are a couple images demonstrating the TwinTrexx in these positions. It is VERY comfortable and you have ton of room to move your arms. I think this is my favorite for carrying both.