A few weeks back, I was contacted about reviewing the new Shark Rocket vacuum. Was I interested?? YES! And ohhhh people. Boy, do I love this vacuum!
- Deep Cleans Carpets (Deep cleans carpets better than a full-size Dyson upright [vs. DC40, Based on independent ASTM F608 – 11 (Carpet Embedded Dirt Removal Effectiveness) testing]) — Photographic evidence of the deep cleaning power will be shown below!
- Cleans Bare Floors and Area Rugs — Yes, carpets AND bare floors AND area rugs!
- Never Loses Suction or Power — Why do they even make vacuums that would lose suction? What’s the point of that??
- All the Power without the Weight — Super easy to handle and move around the house
- Versatile Floor to Ceiling — You can literally clean your ceiling fan one minute and under your couch the next
- Easy Storage — It comes with a handy dandy hook to keep it off the floor
- Swivel Steering — You’ve got to see how easy it is to use! (Video below)
- Premium Pet Tools — Dog owners? You need this thing.
- Versatile Cleaning — Why buy multiple devices when this one does it all?
Here’s how my Shark Rocket arrived:
Look at all the things! There are so many ways to clean with the Rocket and you can keep them all in the included accessory bag. You might look at all the accessories and think that means it’s a complicated vacuum, but I assure you it is not. It’s easy to see what does what and changing them out is super easy.
The first room I decided to vacuum with my new Rocket was my boys’ bedroom. We had vacuumed their room less than a week before, so I wanted to see how the Rocket would handle what I thought was a fairly clean floor.
UMMMM…THIS IS HOW FULL IT GOT IN JUST 1/3 OF THE ROOM. GROSS.
I proceeded to fill it up three more times in that room. Good grief. I’ll never trust my eyes again; I actually thought the floor was relatively clean!
So the Rocket is basically a self-propelled vacuum. I mean you have to steer it around and handle it, but it takes off like a rocket! Aptly named, indeed. There are two speeds to choose from, but I mostly use Speed 2, the fastest/most powerful. The regular vacuum brushroll can be used on carpet and bare floors/area rugs, but on my pretty hardwood floors, I prefer to use the Dust Away Attachment, which cleans bare floors by vacuuming first and then coming behind with a microfiber cloth to dust the floor. For our floors that are walked on by dogs all day, this is perfect! It cleans up dust, dirt, and dog hair!
There are other specialty attachments that are and aren’t included with the Shark Rocket — there is a dusting attachment, a crevice tool, the Dust Away, and a pet attachment that were all included with my Shark Rocket (I believe there are some exclusive offers out there that may or may not include some of these attachments). Then there’s an attachment for under furniture and a motorized hand tool to really deep clean upholstery and more — those are not included and can be purchased separately.
I love how versatile the Shark Rocket is. You can use the accessories with or without the long middle part — so on stairs, you can use the vacuum rollerbrush part just attached to the handle/motor/dust cup part. Speaking of the dust cup, it’s really easy to empty! And when you need to clean the filters, you can just clean them yourself, you don’t have to buy a replacement!
The Shark Rocket is available to purchase pretty much everywhere. See more about it and its features at SharkClean.com, where you can find videos, exclusive offers, answers to FAQs, and more! Retail price for the Shark Rocket is about $159, but watch for sales with the holidays coming up!
Disclosure: I was sent a complimentary Shark Rocket to facilitate my review. I was not paid for this post and I was not required to write a positive review. These thoughts are my very own.