Isn’t it funny to think about how quickly technology changed and made standard TVs obsolete? You can’t even buy an older version TV (You know, those huge ones that weighed a ton and took up half a room) anywhere except Goodwill! Less than 10 years ago, flat panel TVs were so space-agey and futuristic, and they also cost a fortune. Today, they are totally affordable and in most homes!
It’s important to remember, however, that even though flat panels aren’t the monstrosities of the past, they are still heavy pieces of equipment and families need to secure them safely! Flat panel TVs can easily tip over when bumped or pulled, falling off of furniture and causing injury or even death.
SANUS is the leading designer and manufacturer of flat panel TV wall mounts and they have partnered with Safe Kids Worldwide to educate consumers on the risk of unsecured flat panel TVs. SANUS and Safe Kids Worldwide offer safe solutions for families across the nation by reducing TV tip-over related injuries and fatalities.
A 2011 US Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) report on flat panel TV safety revealed:
- A child is killed every three weeks from an unsecured TV
- Every 45 minutes a child visits an emergency room due to a TV tip-over related injury
- Between 2000 and 2011, 215 fatalities have resulted from TV tip-over
- An estimated 17,000 people each year, the majority of which are children, are treated for injuries from TV tip-overs
- Reported cases have increased almost 25% from 2006 to 2010, and over the last 10 years, injuries have increased by 31%
Additionally, SANUS offers these TV Mounting Tips:
- Easy 1, 2, 3 installation with a wall template to ensure even placement
- Online video walkthrough of simple installation available at any time
- No additional tools necessary – all required installation hardware is included in package
- Live customer support available 6 days a week
SANUS wants to make the world a safer place, and to do that, they are offering one of my readers a SANUS VuePoint F180 wall mount! Enter using the Rafflecopter form below!
Disclosure: I did not receive a free product for this post. SANUS is generously providing one to the winner of this giveaway. I was not paid for this post.