I don’t mean to brag, but I’m a pretty fantastic dancer. I’ve got moves, y’all. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve been complimented on my dancing.
Oh wait, no I can tell you. Never. Not once. It hasn’t happened because I’m lying. I’m a terrible dancer. But what kind of person would I be if I left that keep me from trying and reviewing Dance Central 3 for XBOX 360 Kinect?
Dance games are all the rage these days, and Dance Central 3 is the latest installment in the #1 selling dance franchise for Kinect (Released October 16, 2012). Included are 40+ dance tracks, ranging from disco to today’s hits. You can play by yourself or with up to 8 people in multiplayer party mode. You also have a chance to learn and rehearse your moves before trying them up to tempo in a song and you can compete against other players.
If you know me, you may or may not be surprised to know that I really do love Top 40 music from the likes of Kesha and Katy Perry. One of my favorite songs on Dance Central 3, and currently the track with my highest score (thankyouverymuch) is “Starships” by Nicki Manaj. It’s so fun to dance to these songs, whether you play in Beginner or a more difficult mode. I’m still playing in Easy, but I’m getting better!
One of my favorite things about Dance Central 3 is the Fitness Mode, an optional setting where you can track the calories burned while you play. You can also set fitness goals for yourself, choosing how many days a week you hope to play and how many calories you’d like to burn. I can’t think of a more fun way to be active while you’re losing weight!
The game responds very well and is one of the best we’ve played with our Kinect. I have no trouble having enough room to play in our living room and it captures all of my movements. It lets you know when you need to work on getting the moves right and I feel like it’s really quite accurate in its feedback!
If you’re shopping for Dance Central 3 (which you totally should, the game is awesome!) this Christmas, here are some Black Friday deals on the game, which regularly retails for $49.99:
Here are more Kinect deals for Black Friday!
Select Xbox 360 consoles and bundles:
- Walmart will offer an exclusive special edition glossy white Xbox 360 4GB console and controller with “Skylanders” and exclusive “Skylanders” figurine, for $149.99.
- Best Buy, Fred Meyer, Fry’s and Newegg will carry the Xbox 360 250GB console with “Skyrim” and “Forza 4: Essentials Edition” for $199.99.
- Target, Amazon, Sam’s Club, Meijer, Kmart and Microsoft Stores will offer the Xbox 360 4GB console with Kinect and “Kinect Disneyland Adventures” for $199.99.
- GameStop: Xbox 360 250GB console with “Call of Duty: Black Ops 2” for $249.99
- RadioShack: Xbox 360 4GB console with a wired headset for $169.99
- Toys R Us: Xbox 360 4GB console with $50 gift card for $179.99
Xbox 360 game titles at participating major national retailers:
- “Dance Central 3” for $29.99 (MSRP $49.99, a 40 percent discount)- as you saw Friday, it’s as low as $15 at some retailers like Wal-Mart
- “Kinect Sports Ultimate” for $29.99 (MSRP $49.99, a 40 percent discount)
- “Fable: The Journey” for $29.99 (MSRP $49.99, a 40 percent discount)
- “Forza Horizon” for $39.99 (MSRP $59.99, a 33 percent discount)
Buy a copy of the recently released “Halo 4” at Target (offer good Nov. 23 and 24), and receive a $20 gift card, or at Amazon (offer good Nov. 22 and 23)and receive a $20 gift card, plus $10 Amazon Instant Video Credit.
Xbox LIVE subscription available at participating major national retailers:
- 3 month Xbox LIVE Gold Subscription for $12.99 (MSRP $15, a 13 percent discount)