Diaper bag space is prime real estate at our house. I would love to be able to have a few blankets available for extra warmth and shade if they fall asleep I don’t have the room!
SnoozeShade has created a wonderful stroller accessory, the SnoozeShade for single and double stroller use (they also make a shade for infant carriers and pack and plays!). I was sent a SnoozeShade twin to try out with my double stroller. I tried the Snoozeshade on both my Valco twin jogging stroller and my McLaren Twin Techno stroller.
I was very impressed with the shade and I think SnoozeShades are an excellent solution for families who use their strollers often. The fabric is a black breathable mesh that uses a combination of elastic trim and Velcro straps to secure the shade to the stroller.
I last used my shade when we had to spend most of the day at our church for a fund raising event. If you follow our blog, you know that I am very attached to keeping a good sleep schedule with my kids. It has been the key to our survival since day one. When I could tell the babies were ready to nap, I attached the snooze shade to the stroller and we walked around the building. Although they were a little too overtired to nap that evening, I was happy to see that they enjoyed having the SnoozeShade on the stroller.
I have gotten the most use as a stroller blanket when I am out and about. It gives me peace of mind because it adds some extra warmth and I know it wont fall off the stroller. The best part is knowing that if they fall asleep, I can easily pull it up to act as a shade to help them sleep more peacefully.
So, why should you consider a Snooze Shade?
- I wish I had a SnoozeShade with me when I took the twins with us to the ABC Kids expo back in October. The black mesh fabric would have created a safe peaceful environment for sleep, away from the bright lights and noise of the convention center.
- The SnoozeShade makes an excellent stroller blanket for double strollers. I have tried using two separate blankets, but they get kicked off easily and when the babies are side by side, regular blankets seem to small. The Snooze Shade is just the right shape, breathable, and connects to the stroller easily, preventing it from falling off.
- Not only is it lightweight, but it also provides UPF50+ protection against 98% UV rays. I will definitely be breaking this out when we start taking trips outdoors to parks and zoos as the shade can also provide protection from the sun.
- Fits nicely on the stroller and you don’t have to worry about it blowing off. I was very surprised that my boys weren’t able to kick off the shade.
- It is small and doesn’t take up a ton of room in a diaper bag. My twin SnoozeShade takes up about the same amount of room as a Large t-shirt would.
The SnoozeShade is well designed and a great product for families who get a lot of use out of their stroller. I love having a Snoozeshade in my bag just in case, and I love not having to carry a bunch of bulky blankets in my diaper bag.
Disclosure Statement: The Playdate Crashers were not compensated in any way for this review. They were not asked nor required to write a positive review and these thoughts are our very own. To have The Playdate Crashers review and give away your product or service, please contact us!