We’re hearing from Trista again as she updates us on her healthy life changes! Remember, we have a giveaway from Green Kid Crafts going on right now! Don’t miss your chance to win 3 craft kits from this great company! We also have a giveaway for a 3-month subscription to StudyDog.com!
Six weeks in to this adventure and I have to sadly report that I do not have any additional weight loss to cheer about. I have been battling some illness and have really not had the workout bug, however, I am still striving to eat right and try new things.
NEW FOR ME
As I mentioned in my last post, I receive the Zumba game for the Xbox Kinnect. I have had a chance to try this out and I must say, it is one of the best workouts that you can get. I have done Zumba before, so I kind of knew what to expect. There are many different levels and options to the game, which makes it nice, because if you have never tried Zumba before there is an option that helps you learn the moves. I did a 20 minute session for beginners. After only 3 minutes of “dancing”, I was sweating profusely. In the short 20 minutes I went through two full bottles of water. Overall this game gets five stars from me. Here are some of the things that I liked about it:
- There is a clock at the bottom of the screen that tells you how much time you have remaining in your workout.
- You are given periodic “water/hydration” breaks throughout the work out.
- Even if you feel awkward doing Zumba (99% of people do), you are in the privacy of your own home.
- Keeping up with the moves is key, but if you can’t get them at first, then you can try your own variation of the move until you feel comfortable doing the move as instructed. The key is just to keep moving at all times.
- It’s fun! I must have laughed out loud a dozen times while doing this workout, because let’s face it, you feel totally ridiculous, but you are having a blast while doing it.
This past week, I was turned on to a new “fad” so-to-speak. Have you ever tried Wheatgrass? I was with a friend of mine at a local juice and smoothie shop and she urged me to try a shot of Wheatgrass. I have to say, I had my reservations, but was pleasantly surprised. It wasn’t as awful as I had thought. I quickly followed it up with a shot of orange juice which helped to wash away the flavor.
After further research, here is some information I found regarding the health benefits of wheat grass: Wheatgrass juice is the juice extracted from red wheat berry seed sprouts. This strain of wheat has been used for thousands of years all around the world for its healing properties. The juice from Wheatgrass is high in chlorophyll, active enzymes, vitamins and other important nutrients. A one ounce shot is equivalent to two and half pounds of green leafy vegetables.
- Contains 92 minerals needed by your body
- Increase hemoglobin production
- Rebuild the blood stream
- Helps prevent tooth decay
- Improves the body’s ability to heal wounds
- Purifies the blood
- Creates an unfavorable environment for unhealthy bacteria growth
- Neutralizes toxins in the body
- Helps purify the liver
- Improves blood sugar disorders
- Keeps hair from graying
- Improves digestion
- Reduces high blood pressure
- Aid in the prevention of cancer
Next time, I will be reviewing new fruits. What is your favorite fruit and how do you prepare it?
Trista Todd is a Wife and Full Time Working Mom! She is married to Josh Todd (KCC 2003), Minister of Education and Youth and Marlboro Christian Church in Ohio and Momma to Gabriel who is just about 5! She works full time as the head of Marketing for GBS Document Management in North Canton, OH. She also runs a part –time business with her husband Josh called Gabe’s Goodies. She is a 2004 graduate of Malone University.