At 2 1/2 and 10 months, I still get the pleasure of picking out toys for my kids because they can’t read yet and have limited outside influences on their play choices. For the past couple of months, Will has been obsessed with “Mighty Machines” aka construction vehicles of all shapes and sizes. The twins have just started sitting up well and are really getting into playing with toys. In addition to picking out some things for them to each have on their own (even though they will all end up sharing anyway) we wanted to find one or two things that they would all enjoy.
Here is a peek at some of my favorite toys for 2011. Some items we actually purchased, others are honorable mentions.
2 1/2 year old
- Fisher-Price Big Action Construction Site with Remote Control – Might Machines!!!
- Leap Frog Phonics Magnet – Time to learn the alphabet!
- Melissa and Doug Latches Puzzle – This ought to keep a two year old busy for a while.
- Little Tikes Pop Tunes Guitar – Will loves music, I love this guitar because it actually has strings to strum
- LeapFrog My Own Leaptop – Maybe he will want to play less with mommies puter?
10 Month olds
- The Deglingos Baby Blankie – Several different characters, these are so creative and fun!
- Inglesina 2011 Fast Table Chair (ok, this one is more for mom and dad than babies, but these rock!)
- Bunnies by the Bay Wee Plush
(How cute are these!!!)
- Fisher-Price Little People Wheelies Stand ‘n Play Rampway Fun for older babies and toddlers!
- Trumpette Howdy Cows, White – Have you seen these things? They are awesome for bouncing. Check it out!!