It is currently 3 days post-Halloween and there are still a handful of Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups in the candy stash. Not only did my son get several when he went Trick or Treating, but we also got a small bag to give out at our house. But not a single child showed up at our door for candy, so we have a rather large bowl full of leftovers.
Now Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups are delicious by themselves, but I wanted to pass along a brilliant idea my husband had that we tried out and loved…Reese’s Cup S’mores. If you happen to find yourself with the ingredients for s’mores plus a large stockpile of Reese’s Cups, give this a try:
- Place a halved graham cracker on a microwavable plate and place an unwrapped Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup on the cracker.
- Heat in the microwave for 5-7 seconds (just to get it a little extra-melty).
- Add a single marshmallow and heat for 10-20 seconds. Just watch the marshmallow; when it starts to inflate to an alarming size, that’s enough time.
- Remove from microwave, place another halved graham cracker on top and smoosh.
- Remove from plate, place in mouth, and enjoy.
*Alternately, you can make them in the traditional campfire-style. Equally delicious, with a side of smoke.
Try it, you’ll thank me. Because remember, “There’s no wrong way to eat a Reese’s.”