At my baby shower for our oldest son Will, I quickly learned that one of the go to baby gifts is a blanket. Even though we received several beautifully handmade blankets, I think this is the one blanket that I wished we had received.
When I first Googled the AllyZabba Blankies, I scoffed at the price. Twenty five dollars seemed pretty expensive for a 16″ x 14″ blanket. However, when my TravelZabba arrived in the mail, I felt that it was worth the money. Here’s why:
- How could you not love this fabric? The pattern on my sample, the Allyzabba Dino, is adorable. The high quality fabric feels luxurious. They also have several pattern and color combinations to choose from.
- This blanket is such a guilty pleasure, it made me wonder if they offer it in grown-up size. They DO!
- These blankets have major lovey potential.
- If you want to give a special gift (like something you made yourself), but don’t have the time or ability, this is the perfect choice.
- You can start small and grow with it. Allyzabba Blankies come in a variety of sizes. I would start out with the TravelZabba for newborns and then as the baby gets older bump up to a larger size or one of the cuddle blankets.
- Kid Tested, mother approved. I let both of my 6 month olds have some cuddle time with my TravelZabba and I could tell that they really enjoyed it. The company chose the silky fabrics because they wanted to recreate the softness of mother’s womb. Now, I don’t remember what a womb feels like (and I’m glad I don’t), but I am sure that these blankets have to be way better!
If you are interested in checking out AllyZabba blankets for yourself, click on the link below. Currently (9/28/11), they are offering a 10% discount, which you will find advertised on their homepage.
This product was received free of charge by AllyZabba in exchange for a product review. In keeping with our review policy (please contact for media kit), a positive review was not guaranteed or required and these review thoughts are Jamie’s very own. If you would like to have your product reviewed by The Playdate Crashers, let’s talk!